Cardiology is a specialty dealing with disorders of the heart and blood vessels. The field includes diagnosis and treatment of congenital heart defects, coronary artery disease, heart failure, valvular heart disease and electrophysiology. Physicians specializing in this field of medicine are called cardiologists.
We deem it our duty to apprise you of certain basic requirements. We expect you to follow, fulfill and adhere to in mutual interest. Cardiac procedures are not something to be afraid of. Since the disease has been diagnosed after various investigations, we wish to emphasize the following points prior to getting admitted in our centre for smooth and coordinated functioning to avoid unnecessary last minute delays.
1. On the date given to the patient, please report at the OPD and select room according to your choice. Once admitted, all investigations such as ECG, Blood, Urine and X-Ray etc., shall be carried out.
2. Stop taking medications or discuss with your cardiologist before procedure.
3. Arrange and organize five blood donors one day prior to the date of surgery. If the patient has common blood groups (like B +ve, A +ve, O +ve), you have the option of bringing the donors of two of the above groups and three of any group. Congenital (by birth) heart defects usually require fresh blood (3-4 units) at the time of surgery. Donors for and on behalf of the patient are thoroughly screened before donation.
4. Should the patient decide to defer the day/date of operation because of religious or social reasons, the patient should inform us well in advance, so that procedure can be rescheduled and the slot booked for you can be given to another patient waiting for admission.
5. Once all the tests and reports are found to be normal you will be slotted for your operation thereafter.
6. If you are found to have some Neurological, Gastrointestinal, Urological, Renal problem, the services expert will be consulted.