Doctor Turobova Tatiana receives patients in her consulting room; during a consultation she will ask you about your problems, history of your disease and your life and will perform physical examination.
If it is necessary, she will recommend to you other methods of medical examinations. In our hospital the following are available:
1. Different kinds of laboratory tests (include tumor markers),
2. 4D-ultrasonography – uses high frequency sound waves to record images of various body parts such as thyroid, breasts, liver, gall bladder, pancreas, spleen, kidneys and uterus and blood flow in arteries and veins.
3. General digital X-ray examination,
4. Mammography – is the most effective imaging tool to screen for breast cancer by producing low dose X-rays of the breast for comparisons,
5. 64-slice CT-scan (Computerized Tomography) – uses computer and X-ray scanner to produce cross-sectional images of the body to detect location and extent of the tumor. It is possible to perform CT-Colonography for detailed images of the colon,
6. Biopsy – to obtain tissue sample from area of suspicious growth for cytology or histology examination (Fine needle aspiration, Excision biopsy, Bone marrow aspiration and biopsy).
After diagnosis the oncologist will explain to you about your disease and treatment plan.
In SSIUH we have available:
1. Surgery treatment. Our Operating theatre is well equipped to perform different kinds of surgical procedures including endoscopic surgery,
2. Chemotherapy (for solid tumors and oncohematology),
Chemotherapy and molecular target therapy are available at the In-Patient Department (IPD) and at the Out-Patient Department (OPD) (a room for chemotherapy day care is next to consulting room of the oncologist).
We use special equipment to avoid any serious side effects or complications of chemotherapy and to avoid the pollution of the environment:
– Special infusion lines and infusion pumps,
– Biological safety cabinet to dilute chemotherapy medications,
– Special plastic bags to pack chemo.
3. Molecular targeted therapy / biological therapy,
4. Hormonal therapy,
5. Palliative and symptomatic treatment for non-curable cancer patients.
Palliative medicine is the specialty which works to improve the quality of life of patients facing the problems associated with life-threatening illness. Its core expertise includes the management of pain and other distressing symptoms caused by the disease or its treatment, regardless of the stage and type of disease. Common conditions dealt with include cancer at any stage where symptoms are troublesome, liver and kidney failure. Palliative care is often given together with therapies that control or slow down disease progression, including attempts at curative treatment where the rates of success are not good.
Our team is continuously upgrading and expanding her clinical services to keep up with the rapid developments in Oncology worldwide. We are good listeners, we hear our patients’ problems and we provide them physical and emotional support!